Friday, February 20, 2009

Zack Arias: Transfrom

I just watched the recent video by Zach Aries. His words really hit home for me. Our lives as photographers are a gift. We have freedoms that other people will never experience but I too always attack myself and beat myself up. As a young photographer just starting out I am always wondering. Will I ever make it? Can I actually do this? Will I someday come up with something that people will actually stop dead in there track to look at? The comparison game can eat you alive. Always looking at images trying to find excuses for why I haven’t done something like it myself. We are all compelled as artist by the love and passion we have for photography. Our life long goal to create something that will allow us to be remembered for our vision. We all have the ability to offer something new because we are all individuals; we just have to look inside ourselves to find it rather that at everyone else.



Check out Zach's blog here

2 Comments:

Anonymous Karl said...

YOU feel that way, Alleh? I'm looking to you as a role model for where I want to be in the next couple of years, but I'm thinking the same thing. If there's anyone with hope to succeed as a photographer then its you.

Is it a dying industry? Will there be work? Where is the money and where do I need to go to survive as a working photographer/artist living my passion?

July 8, 2009 at 3:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow i needed that. i'm still in school and just starting out. but i feel the same way. thanks for sharing.

November 4, 2009 at 12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home